Okay, I think we all kind of get sucked in when watching informercials. I know I am always like, ”Oh, I never knew I needed that!”. On the Friday the 13th of April episode of “The View”, Chairman of the Board of AsSeenOnTV.com, Kevin Harrington, brought some of those products that you see on TV.
1) The first product up was the Grill Daddy Heat Shield. Made so you can grill and flip with ease without burning your hands. It was kind of cool, it had a big fish flipper that you could turn over fish, a handle that telescopes out to protect you from the heat, a thermometer on the end so you can cook to proper temps and the coolest part was interchangeable blades. Unfortunately, it didn’t really say that the pieces were sold separately. I think they should have mentioned that :) It would probably make a cool Father’s Day Gift if your Dad is a Grill Master, or at least wants to be! Get it from Amazon
2) Then they showed the Total Pillow. I have seen this at lots of places, it just doesn’t look that comfortable! You can get the Total Pillow on Amazon, but it seems to have terrible reviews.
3) Next up was the Magic Mesh door. Whenever this commercial comes on I always make fun of it. The guy’s voice just cracks me up. But this is a product I actually am planning on getting. I just moved into a condo (from a house that had built in A/C) and it gets soooooo dang hot in here! My A/C bill is gonna be so high, so I want to put this on my patio door. ”It’s not magic, It’s Magnets!”
You can also get Magic Mesh Door Cover on Amazon
4) Wuggle Pets are supposed to be a make it at home version of a “Build-a-Bear”. They call it “An adorable baby pet that you bring to life yourself.”. It is just an empty plush toy that you fill with stuffing. They are pretty small. This might be okay for VERY young kids. I do kind of think the Unicorn is kind of cute tho….. You can get the Wuggle Pets Starter Kit on Amazon.
5) Then there was the Shove It. The claim is: ”The Shoveit roller removes unsightly messes quicky, easily, and efficiently. Its unique design means no more expensive tape refills so it’s ready to use whenver you need it. Simply rinse in warm water and tuck it away until next time.” You have probably seen the commercials featuring Vince Offer (ShamWow, The Slap Chop) for a similar product, The Schticky. I have the original one, Mr. Sticky. It works okay, I especially like the small one, I keep that in my bathroom as a lint remover. The problem is, for stuff like fur or hair, you need to really rub it with your fingers to get the stuff off. It does NOT come off easily under running water as shown in commercials/demonstrations. Here is where you can get a Mr. Sticky (but it is red, not blue)
6) Finally, the CString. This kind of creeped me out. I loved the look on all the girls faces after they thought it was some type of headband, AND THEN they found out what it is. It is an underwear-ish thing. you just kind of, slip it between your legs and you can umm…. have no panty lines? You should probably just see The C String on Amazon. I just think – ICK! And it doesn’t even look comfortable!